4-6 sheets of Granny Ida’s shortcrust pastry
330g jar Women's Work Beetroot Relish
Soft Goats Cheese (we love Holy Goat cheese)
Good quality olive oil spray
Pinch of salt & cracked pepper
HoneyGRANNY IDA’S SHORTCRUST INGREDIENTS
250g plain flour
100 -150g room temp butter
GRANNY IDA'S SHORTCRUST PASTRY METHOD
- Sift flour into bowl
- Add salt
- Cut butter into cubes and rub into the flour using the tips of your fingers until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Gradually add small amounts of water and mix with the blade of a knife until the pastry pulls together.
- Briefly knead and add more flour if too sticky and more water if too dry.
- Let pastry rest in fridge for 1 hour.
- Roll out on a floured board and use as required.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease or line a tartlet tray
- Use a water tumbler or cookie cutter to cut as many circles as you can out of your pastry and press them gently into your tartlet tray – the walls don’t need to be too deep
- Par- cook your pastry in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until very lightly brown
- Remove your pastry from the oven and while still warm add a good tablespoon of Women's Work Beetroot Relish to the middle of each tartlet
- Top the relish with a good slice of goat’s cheese, a sprig of thyme and a sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste.
- Back in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the pastry is golden and the cheese slightly browned.
If you like a little sweetness (guilty), these are beautiful with a drizzle of honey, add when still warm from the oven for a heavenly sticky glaze *drool*
Best enjoyed warm!